|🛠||This subject is work in progress. What is being worked on: Appearance (what her top is called)
Please bear with us while improvements are being made and assume good faith until the edits are complete.
For information on how to help, see the guidelines. More subjects categorized here.
Kisaragi Tsuina (如月ついな), also known as Tsuina-chan (ついなちゃん) is a Japanese VOICEROID2 and Synthesizer V Studio and AI voicebank by AH-Software Co. Ltd. in collaboration with a crowdfunding campaign by her creators of the "Demon Hunter Tsuina-chan Project" (鬼っ子ハンターついなちゃん). Her VOICEROID2 is capable of speaking in both Standard and Kansei-ben dialects and was released in November 2019. In October 2020 it was announced that a crowdfunding campaign would be started for her to receive a singing voicebank which was later revealed to be for Synthesizer V Studio. Her AI and Standard Synthesizer V voicbanks released at the end of November 2021.
Her creator and voice provider is Kadowaki Mai (門脇 舞以).
Tsuina originates from a popular "meme" character in the online Japanese anime community - Hinomoto Oniko. Oniko was created by denizens of 2ch in order to combat a particular Chinese ethnic slur against Japanese people by using that term and making it into a "cute anime girl." By doing so, they would "embrace" said term and make it useless as an insult.
She is the first VOICEROID to have both standard and Kansai-ben dialects, the second of which is due to a stretch goal for her crowdfunding campaign having been reached. Previously, this was achievable with Kotonoha Akane & Aoi, but as two separate characters.
In November 2021, Tsuina-chan had an update to her website and more details about her character were given. Her blood type is "O-ni".
Although her real name is "Kisaragi Tsuina", she's commonly referred to as "Enno Tsuina" 役ついな or 役追儺). She prefers being referred to as "Enno" as she considers it cooler than "Kisaragi" (which she is embarrassed by).
Kisaragi (如月) is an outdated term referring to the second month of the year, known as February. Tsuina's original online debut was February 3rd, which is also her character birthday.
Enno (役) can be translated to "role," "duty," "responsibility," etc. When combined with the kanji of Tsuina's first name, 追儺, which means "the ceremony of driving out evil spirits", her full name can be translated to "the duty of driving out evil spirits," which is the basis of her character.
Kisaragi Tsuina is albino with red eyes, faint pink hair, long nails, and pointy ears. Her hair is spun into very long twindrills tied with red and gold ribon. She also had a ahoge ontop of her head which is visible without her mask.
Dickson is the four-eyed gigaku mask that sits atop her head. He is red with thick black eyebrows and golden eyes.
Her school uniform, which was also used for her VOICEROID release is made up of a white, pink, and red sailor top with a red and pink skirt. She also wears a white tie with a red stripe. Her socks are each white with a pink stripe and she wears brown loafers. A tiny Dickson is tied to her hair's right ribbon.
- Maita - Same voice provider
- Chiiro Ichiru - Same voice provider
- Dickson (ディクソン) - The four-eyed gigaku mask on her head. He is described as "quiet and a nice guy".
- Kisaragi Hoan (如月宝庵) - Her grandfather. He is a mad scientist and a priest.
- Takato Saki (高遠 咲) - Known as Saki-chan (咲ちゃん), is Tsuina-chan's friend and daughter of Tamamo-no-Mae. She is a keeper of a magic stone, the Sessho-seki and is one of the heroines in Tsuina-chan's story.
- Mahitotsu Oni (目一つ鬼) - The greatest enemy in the story of Tsuina-chan, who has manipulated the history of Japan from the shadows.
- Zenki (前鬼) & Goki (後鬼) - orignally referred to as Wai (わい) & Wate (わて) - Tsuina-chan's shikigami, the front and back demons (後鬼). A pair of demons originally of a married couple who serve as Tsuina-chan's companions.
- Kotaro Kobayashi (小林小太郎) - Saki and Tsuina-chan's childhood friend.
- Hinomoto Oniko (日本鬼子) - Demon and her rival
- Enno Odzuna (役小角奈) - Recognized alongside her at the Kisshousouji Temple
- Kotonoha Akane and Aoi-Acquaintance
Kisaragi Tsuina resulted from a member of the "Hinomoto Oniko Project," Oohenri Saki, wanting to create a "rival" character to Oniko - as Oniko is a demon, Tsuina was conceptualized as a demon hunter. Tsuina-chan made her official online debut on Oohenri's pixiv on February 3rd, 2011 (the initial upload has since been deleted, however).
Her character is inspired from the "Tsuina" Event, which is an annual ceremony performed on December 30th each year. It is a ceremony designed to exorcise demons/bad spirits, which is the basis of Tsuina's character. Elements of the ceremony (instruments, wooden masks, traditional clothing) are all part of Tsuna's character design.
2016 Drama series
In August 2016, Tsuina's voice drama series, "Demon Hunter Tsuina-chan," began. While it's primarily an audio-only series detailing her attempts at capturing demons (usually resulting in failure), there have been many guest appearances and commentary by the developers as well. Important Tsuina-chan related news, including announcements regarding the voice drama series, are announced on her Fantia page.
On January 17th, 2017, Tsuina-chan, along with another character named Enno Odzuna, became an officially recognized character of the Kisshousouji Temple. Acrylic stands of the two were set up at the location. 
2018 VOICEROID campaign
On December 16th, 2018, Tsuina-chan's official PR twitter announced a crowdfunding campaign to become a VOICEROID.  The actual campaign began two months later, on February 5th, 2019, and would run until February 20th.
The goal for the campaign was 4,800,000 yen, as a VOICEROID2 speaking in standard dialect. However, if the campaign could reach 11,500,000 yen, Tsuina-chan would receive the capability of speaking in Kansai-ben as well. By the end of the campaign, she had far surpassed that stretch goal, with the final total being 14,052,884 yen - surpassing her original goal by 292%. 
On October 16th, 2019, early copies of Tsuina-chan's VOICEROID2 package were shipped out to those who had backed her fundraiser.  She then released to the general public on November 1st that same year.
Synthesizer V campaign
On September 14th, 2020, Tsuina-chan launched a contest for fans to design what would be an outfit for her if she were to become a singing synthesizer. The contest is set to last until November 14th. Less than a month later, on October 5th, 2020, Tsuina-chan's official twitter account confirmed that she would be starting a crowdfunding campaign for a singing synthesizer later in winter. The results of the contest were revealed December 6th, 2020 with the winning design concept illustrated by Twitter user ゆゆのすけ (@51714_yuriyuri). Runner ups were also announced for various awards including the: AHS Excellence Award, Mai Kadowaki Excellence Award, Feeling of Dynamism Award, Lovely Poster Award, Kouhaku Maruko Kobayashi Award, Tsuina-chan Meme Material Contest Award, and the Koufudaiji Temple Award.
On October 30th, 2020, Synthesizer V AI was announced, and it was revealed that Tsuina-chan would begin a crowdfunding campaign for Synthesizer V and Synthesizer V AI banks later that year. The campaign began on December 4th, and reached its initial goal of 5,000,000 yen in one day. By December 26th, 2020, the crowdfunding campaign exceeded it's 10,000,000 yen stretch goal for development of a Synthesizer V AI for Tsuina-chan. Additional stretch goals were added for each increment of 1,000,000 yen for the the creation of new 3D models and additional voice recordings for Tsuina-chan. 
On December 6, the results of the design contest were revealed with the winning design concept illustrated by Twitter user ゆゆのすけ (@51714_yuriyuri). Runner ups were also announced for various awards including the: AHS Excellence Award, Mai Kadowaki Excellence Award, Feeling of Dynamism Award, Lovely Poster Award, Kouhaku Maruko Kobayashi Award, Tsuina-chan Meme Material Contest Award, and the Koufudaiji Temple Award.
By December 26, the crowdfunding campaign exceeded its 10,000,000 yen stretch goal for development of a Synthesizer V AI voicebank for Tsuina-chan. Additional stretch goals were added for each increment of 1,000,000 yen for the creation of new 3D models and additional voice recordings.  She was expected to release toward the end of 2021.
On April 22, 2021, in response to a fan's question regarding Lite versions, Tsuina-chan's Twitter replied that it was a possibility. On May 30, 2021, the initial sketch for Tsuina-chan's Synthesizer V design was released. 
On August 27, it was announced that Tsuina-chan would be receiving a set of voice samples in the Pitagoe series alongside Kyomachi Seika, newcomers Asumi Shuo, Asumi Ririse, Young Man, Young Woman, Old Man, Old Woman would be receving Pitagoe releases. They and the previously announced Furimomen and Mitarashi Mary would have the first volume of samples release on September 28, 2021.
On November 4, Tsuina-chan's website was updated and revealed her Synthesizer V design, which was noted as her "Diva Costume". Two additional full body illustrations were presented on Twitter, which were noted to be her Standard and AI designs respectively. Pre-orders launched on the same day and her release date was confirmed to be November 26. According to her Synthesizer V character page on AH-Software's website, Lite versions were expected at a later date.
On November 19, both lite versions of the Standard and AI voice databases were made available.
- Tsuina-chan comes with two sets of vocals; one for standard intonation, and another for Kansai-ben intonation. While the two are very similar, they each carry their own distinct tone.
- Both dialect voices have a soft, high tone in contrast to her louder, more energetic voice from her voice drama series. The standard dialect voice is more somber and deeper than the Kansai-ben one. The pronunciation is more standard and fluid.
- The Kansai-ben voice is brighter and more energetic than the standard dialect one. The pronunciation is very particular, as she stresses each mora for emphasis.
- Tsuina-chan (VOICEROID2), November 1, 2019
- Tsuina-chan (Synthesizer V Studio) (Synthesizer V Studio), November 26, 2021
- Tsuina-chan AI (Synthesizer V AI), November 26, 2021
- Tsuina-chan's VOICEROID2 product won the Creator's Category Prize in the 33rd Vector ProRegi Awards.
- On her father's side, she is a decedent of Otsuno, who is the founder of Shugendou and on her mother's side she is a decedent of the demon Kiichi Hōgen.
- Tsuina's voice actor Kadowaki Mai also voiced a UTAU in 2012 for the Windows100% magazine named Maita. Tsuina's official twitter suggested that she could be used as a singing voice for Tsuina.
- First popularized 'meme' character to become a VOICEROID through campaigning.
- Second VOICEROID revealed to be voiced by their voice provider and creator.